- The Hanoverian Horse Society of Australia (HHSA) is an internationally recognized Breed Society, not just a national registering body.
- From 2014 all foals registered with the HHSA will be issued with passports created from the database of the Hannoveraner Verband in Germany.
- The HHSA is a member of the World Breeding Federation of Sport Horses.The WBFSH is the only international federation of studbooks for sport horses in the world and is the major connection between the breeding organisations of sport horses and the international equestrian sport (FEI).
- We follow ‘quality controlled’ breeding guidelines set down by the Hanoverian Verband. This ‘quality control’ makes the Hanoverian the breed of choice for many riders throughout the world.
- The choice of stallions available to HHSA members incorporates all licensed and performance tested Hanoverian stallions throughout the world PLUS all stallions from other Warmblood studbooks that are approved for ‘Hannover’.
- The HHSA allocates every registered horse with a Universal Equine Life Number (UELN). The aim of this UELN is to ensure that each horse in the world can be identified via this one unique number.
- The Hanoverian breed was developed more than 270 years ago.
- The Hannoveraner Verband has been a Breeding Society for more than 120 years.
- On an international level, we are one of only six Daughter Societies of the Hanoverian Verband throughout the world.
- The HHSA is an innovative society, continually introducing new and more progressive ways to help our members and promote our horses.
- We are responsive to our members needs and welcome all suggestions and comments.
- HHSA registered horses are eligible to compete at the World Young Horse Championships in Europe.
- Each year the HHSA holds an annual assessment tour for stud mares and foals around Australia with a German classifier appointed by the Hannoveraner Verband.
- Access to the Hannoveraner Verband statistics on stallion genetic heritability allows you to breed with knowledge.
- Our website and our Facebook page are constantly updated.
Breeder Membership is available to owners of registered breeding stock and gives full voting and breeding rights. PartnerMembership is available to owners of non breeding stock.
All members receive the following benefits:
- A monthly publication titled ‘Der Hannoverian’ issued by the Hannoveraner Verband in Germany via email (English version)
- The quarterly HHSA Newsletter via email
- Participation in HHSA events offered around Australia
- Eligibility for prestigious national level HHSA Awards
- 20% discount on State Stud Celle Frozen Semen from Germany
- Discount for clinics with visiting International Instructors
- Free Stud listings on the HHSA website
- Promotion of horses/studs at state and national trade stands at competitions
- Automatic eligibility to advertise HHSA registered horses in our ‘for sale’ catalogues which are promoted on our website
- Access to Worldwide Hanoverian connections
Send us an email firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also call any of the friendly volunteer Committee Members:
President: Janette Lewis (0407 144 403)
Vice President: Dean Izzard (0412177818)
Secretary: Kim Kulper (0409 852 060)
Registrar Kaitlin Colless (0424 782 177)
We are pleased to support the first Australian bred Hanoverian Registered Gelding SPH W Dante who will compete at this week’s FEI World Breeding Championships for Young Dressage Horses in the 6 yo Division in Verden Germany. SPH W Dante (Welfenadel (imp) x Donna Carina (imp)) was breed by his owner Andrea Beatty from Saffron Performance Horses in Arcadia NSW Australia.
SPH W Dante had great success in Young Horse Classes in Australia with his rider Rodney Martin, winning many major championships. These include the HHSA sponsored Sydney CDI *** in 2012 & 2013. In Melbourne at Dressage and Jumping with the Stars SPH W Dante completed a record trifecta winning the 4, 5 and 6 year old Championship Young Horse title in 2012, 2013 and 2014.
The HHSA would like to take this opportunity to wish SPH W Dante, Andrea Beatty and their connections every success. We will be closely following your progress and cheering from Australia.
We would like to introduce our 2015 classifier, Hartmut Wilking. Hartmut Wilking is very well qualified to be our tour classifier. He is a member of the executive board of the Hannoveraner Verband as well as being a successful breeder, having bred horses like Mr. Whoopie, a successful horse in international events with the New Zealand rider Duncan Macfarlane and the American lady rider Saer Coulter.
Hartmut Wilking is also a member of the studbook registration and show commission of the Hannoveraner Verband. His career as a judge and classifier has taken him on tours through Europe, the United States and Canada on behalf of the Hannoveraner Verband. During the 2015 Australian tour he will be assessing foals, mares as well as a number of stallions.
Preliminary Tour dates are :
Victoria 15th – 17th February
Tasmania 18th February
South Australia 19th February
Western Australia 20th – 22nd February
Queensland 23rd February – 1st March
New South Wales 4th March – 7th March
(please note these are tentative dates and may vary slightly due to venue availability and location)
Breed Your Own Hanoverian Horse! The HHSA is very pleased to offer discerning breeders and competition riders a very special opportunity to breed with some of the most exciting Hanoverian stallions imported into Australia. (more…)
Hanoverian Horses On Top Of The World!
Welcome to the Prydes Easifeed Hanoverian Horse Society of Australia ‘For Sale’ Catalogue – Autumn 2014. (more…)
We Welcome the New Generation
Foals are presented at annual HHSA inspections for registration and branding, and to enable the inspection panel to evaluate the offspring of licensed and approved Hanoverian stallions. (more…)
Sydney CDI is only a couple of weeks away. The Hanoverian Horse Society of Australia is having their annual Breeder’s Evening once again on the Friday night at the Marquee in the main arena. Tour Awards, Riding Awards, Prydes Easifeed Leaderboard winner will all be recognised on this night. (more…)
The Hanoverian Horse Society of Australia invites you to attend the Anna Sophie Fiebelkorn clinics being held following the Sydney CDI. Clinics are being held in New South Wales & Queensland. Due to Anna Sophie’s popularity there are strict conditions pertaining to clinics. (more…)
From August 6 – 10 Verden will host the Herwart von der Decken-Show and the International Dressage and Show-Jumping Festival with the World Championships for Young Dressage Horses. (more…)
The HHSA will once again be sponsoring the NSW Young Dressage Horse Championships at the 2014 Sydney CDI. We are pleased to announce that Anna-Sophie Fiebelkorn will be the HHSA sponsored test rider of the 4, 5 and 6 year old Dressage finalists on Saturday afternoon. (more…)