We now have some additional information to assist you in presenting your mares and foals during the Annual Classification tour in 2014.
Please read below. Information can be found on this page including the Horse Health Declaration Form, new for the 2014 Tour in Queensland and ‘Best Practice’ for all states. You also need to ensure you complete the Application for Day Membership’ form for friends, helpers etc…. attending on the day. Make sure you download all the important forms and information you need for the start of 2014
WHAT TO DO on the day
- Enter arena with broodmare and foal at foot (everyone plaited if possible and looking absolutely fabulous)
- Foal is checked for markings/whorls, etc and information recorded.
- Walk mare around a large triangle for judges to assess the foal at foot at the walk.
- Repeat above, but trot the mare to encourage the best trot from the foal (cantering will not help, as they do not score for canter).
- Stand mare in between two poles to encourage the foal to ‘stand up’ and be assessed for overall impression.
- Marks given for these three bolded areas – out of 10.
- Leave the arena once judging is complete.
Guidelines for presenting a Foal (83 KB)
Foal Registration – How To (342 KB)
MARE PERFORMANCE TEST
RIDING TEST (to be called)
- Enter on right rein in working trot. Go large.
- After one circuit of the arena in working trot show some lengthened strides on next 2 long sides.
- Change rein on a short diagonal in working trot.
- One circuit at working trot and then show some lengthened strides on next 2 long sides. Back to working trot and change rein on a short diagonal.
- Do a 20m circle and take up canter, then go large.
- After one circuit of the arena in working canter show some lengthened strides on next 2 long sides.
- Change rein on a short diagonal through trot.
- One circuit at working canter and then show some lengthened strides on next 2 long sides.
- Back to working trot, then walk, then halt on the long side making sure there are 3 horse spaces between horses. Halt for a few seconds.
- Take up the reins and proceed at working trot.
- Do a 3 loop serpentine then continue at working trot into a 20m circle allowing the horse to stretch long and low “zugelausderhandkauenlassen”.
- Back to walk allowing the horse to stretch and relax.
Mare Registration – How to (342 KB)
Mare Performance Testing Booklet (884 KB)
Horse Health Declaration 2013 (192 KB)
Application for Day Membership (133 KB)